WHATSAPP’S current privateness coverage replace has left some individuals questioning whether or not they need to swap to make use of a special messaging app.
It’s attainable to delete your WhatsApp account however nonetheless obtain your chat historical past so you do not lose any reminiscences and we have rounded up how beneath.
When you delete WhatsApp your message historical past will probably be erasedCredit score: Alamy
The way to obtain WhatsApp chat historical past
The WhatsApp web site states: “In the event you uninstall WhatsApp out of your telephone, however do not need to lose any of your messages, remember to manually again up your chats earlier than uninstalling.”
To do that go to WhatsApp and open Settings after which click on “Chats”, “Chat Backup” after which “Backup Now”.
Then to export a duplicate of a chat historical past from both a single or group chat you first have to click on on the chat of alternative.
Then click on the identify of the chat and when the menu comes up scroll right down to “Export Chat”.
Some individuals have been turning to messaging app Sign after WhatsApp’s new privateness insurance policies triggered controversyCredit score: Alamy
You may have to decide on between exporting a chat with or with none media recordsdata.
The chat will then be became a doc file and you may both e-mail this to your self or ship it to a good friend.
Your most up-to-date media will probably be added as attachments.
WhatsApp explains: “When exporting with media, you’ll be able to ship as much as 10,000 newest messages.
“With out media, you’ll be able to ship 40,000 messages. These constraints are on account of most e-mail sizes.”
The way to delete your WhatsApp account
Earlier than you are taking these steps please keep in mind that deleting your WhatsApp account is an irreversible course of and you will have to begin from scratch in the event you resolve you need WhatsApp again.
Open WhatsApp and click on “Settings”, “Account” after which “Delete my account”.
You may be requested to enter your telephone quantity and then you definitely’ll have to click on the delete button once more.
The ultimate stage is giving a purpose for deleting your account after which clicking delete for a closing time.
Not solely will this delete your account however you will be faraway from any teams you have been in and your Google Drive backup and message historical past will probably be deleted.
WhatsApp – a fast historical past
Here is what it’s worthwhile to know…
- WhatsApp was created in 2009 by pc programmers Brian Acton and Jan Koum – former staff of Yahoo
- It is some of the fashionable messaging providers on the earth
- Koum got here up with the identify WhatsApp as a result of it appeared like “what’s up”
- After numerous tweaks the app was launched with a messaging part in June 2009, with 250,000 energetic customers
- It was initially free however switched to a paid service to keep away from rising too quick. Then in 2016, it grew to become free once more for all customers
- Fb purchased WhatsApp Inc in February 2014 for $19.3billion (£14.64bn)
- The app is especially fashionable as a result of all messages are encrypted throughout transit, shutting out snoopers
- As of 2020, WhatsApp has over 2billion customers globally
In different information, OnePlus has revealed its first fitness tracker and it is filled with fascinating options.
A WhatsApp bug may let total strangers join your group chats and steal your telephone quantity.
And, Donald Trump has banned eight major Chinese apps from working in the US as a part of efforts to guard nationwide safety.
Are you a fan of WhatsApp? Tell us within the feedback…
We pay in your tales! Do you may have a narrative for The Solar On-line Tech & Science staff? Electronic mail us at [email protected]