TOTTENHAM will probably be in motion this week however not towards the opposition they anticipated.
Jose Mourinho’s males will now face Fulham at home, moderately than Aston Villa away.
Tottenham are dealing with Fulham on Wednesday as a substitute of Aston VillaCredit score: EPA
Why are Tottenham enjoying Fulham as a substitute of Aston Villa?
Aston Villa final week confirmed 14 optimistic Covid circumstances.
This pressured them to subject their improvement squad of their FA Cup third spherical match towards Liverpool – a tie they lost 4-1.
Nonetheless, whereas FA Cup guidelines deem a match to be forfeited if one membership cannot subject a staff, the Premier League permits matches to be moved to a latter date within the occasion of a Covid outbreak.
This was precisely what occurred with Tottenham’s match against Fulham, which was initially scheduled for December 30.
The preliminary Tottenham vs Fulham match was postponed on account of a Covid outbreak in Scott Parker’s squadCredit score: Reuters
And Jose Mourinho was left fuming on the prospect of one other postponement.
The Particular One even urged his facet might refuse to play Villa at a later date if they’re pressured right into a state of affairs like at the start of the season, the place they performed eight video games in three weeks on account of Europa League commitments.
Mourinho’s feedback seem to have pressured the Premier League to behave and so they have moved the Fulham sport to Wednesday night time – the date the Villa match was alleged to occur.
When will Aston Villa vs Tottenham be performed now?
- No rearranged date has been discovered but for Aston Villa vs Tottenham.
- A date might conceivably be discovered on the midweek commencing Monday, February 8, when no Premier League soccer is scheduled to happen.
When is Tottenham vs Fulham?
- Tottenham vs Fulham takes place on Wednesday, January 11.
- Kick-off is at 8.15pm on the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- Fulham vs Chelsea has now been moved from Friday, January 15 to Saturday, January 16 at 5.30pm.