PRINCE Harry’s return to the UK for Princess Diana’s statue unveiling is in “serious doubt” after the royal rift, experts claim.
It was previously thought that William and Harry would unite at the exhibition of their mum’s statue in July – after months of tension between the pair.
🔵 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates
There is ‘serious doubt’ that Harry will return this summerCredit: Getty
The statue is dedicated to their mother, Princess Diana
But experts are now doubtful that the Duke will return this summer – with Meghan unlikely to make the trip to the UK too.
Phil Dampier, author of Royally Suited: Harry and Meghan In Their Own Words, told the Sun Online: “I personally don’t think Meghan will return to the UK.
“And there must now be a serious doubt as to whether Harry will come over for the unveiling of a statue for Princess Diana on what would have been her 60th birthday in July.”
It’s previously been claimed that Prince Harry would return to the UK to unveil the Princess Diana statue after chats with his brother at Prince Philip’s funeral “broke the ice.”
The brothers have had frosty relations since Harry sensationally moved to the US and stepped back from royal life in 2020.
And their relationship was strained further after Harry and Meghan’s bombshell interview with Oprah earlier this year.
But after a solemn reunion at Prince Philip’s funeral earlier this month, the door was opened for further reconciliation, it’s was said.
According to Royal biographer Omid Scobie, the Duke of Sussex is still expected to be at the statue unveiling for Princess Diana at Kensington Palace.
Writing in Bazaar.com earlier this month, he said: “He will join William at Kensington Palace’s Sunken Garden for a ceremony that was rescheduled from summer 2020.”
The statue of Diana is set to be revealed on July 1 – on what would have been her 60th birthday.
It was believed that the brothers would reunite for the unveiling in JulyCredit: Getty – Contributor
According to reports, planners at the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea have approved the building of the statue – despite having no idea what it would look like.
However, no set plans for Harry’s visit have been officially confirmed.
Meanwhile, Harry met the Queen privately “at least twice” and chatted to Charles and William on his “family focused” UK trip.
Harry stayed at Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle while he was in the country.
He saw a number of family members, the source says, including Princess Eugenie and her newborn son.
Prince Harry also had the first face to face conversations with his dad and brother since officially stepping down as senior royals last year.
But the discussions with William and Charles were “very strained” and were only an “opening move” to heal the royal rift, a royal expert has claimed.
Royal author Phil Dampier believes these actions were only an “opening move” and there is much work to be done.
He told Sun Online: “The relationship between the so-called former “Fab Four”- Harry, Meghan, William and Kate – is now so broken and delicate that everyone is looking for the slightest signs it is getting better…or worse.
“The discussions after Prince Philip’s funeral were a start, but were clearly very strained and only an opening move.
“Harry and Meghan now have all they want to make them happy if they are going to be.
“A son, a daughter on the way, their freedom from the royal family and the means to make money and get involved in cases which interest them.
“To carry on a war with Harry’s blood family is unnecessary and counter-productive, and the sooner they realise that the better.
“They should get on with their lives, stop playing the victim and stop playing on their royal connections by leaking stories while pleading for privacy.
“People can see through it and anyone who advises them to carry on this way is giving them bad advice.”